Here at IntellectIT, we use Teams extensively and we thought you might appreciate these tips based on our experience:
- Attend to your internal requirements first
- Have a 5 minute daily meeting among your teams
- Keep a video team meeting open so people can just drop in with questions or concerns
- Have everyone type into a team chat what they are working on as a way of keeping people motivated and focused on a common goal
- Set up a Team Channel for sharing tips on working from home. What is working and what isn’t
- Have a weekly general meeting just to connect with as many people as you can. As an example, we have been holding Friday afternoon ‘virtual’ drinks where the whle company joins a video conference call for informal chat. This gives people a sense we are all in this together
- Get people set up with a cost-effective camera and microphone at home. Ensure everyone uses their camera during video calls so you can all see each others smiling faces. This will certainly help with team cohesiveness.
- Think about how to set it up before implementing. Don’t rush into it – it needs planning, so let us know if you need advice.